COIMBRA BD 2017: I was there!

by - março 12, 2017



After last year's edition of Coimbra BD, I've been expecting this year's. So I couldn't get more excited when they announced this year's edition. It has already begun, on last thursday, 9th march - the same day I was there - and it will end tonight. Howevere, I strongly disagree with anyone who says that this year was not as interesting as last year's.



Funny enought, I am not a comics reader - unless you're talking about manga - but I am, however, an admirer of the art of comics and what it represents, so these kind of events are the kind of initiative that I am into.






There were several booths, from several editors, artists and whatnot, and most of the exposed products were for sale. There was also a room where there was an exposition, a merchandasing booth, cinema sessions and workshops.


© Aos respetivos autores

© Aos respetivos autores

© Aos respetivos autores

The exposed works were all pretty amazing. From Marvel to DC, and even some mangas, magazines and other periodic publishings. A lot of fanwork and profissional work.


© Aos respetivos autores

© Aos respetivos autores

© Aos respetivos autores

© Aos respetivos autores

Unfortunately I could not attend and watch it, but there was a cosplay parade that I would love to see, where cosplayers showed their work and passion.


© Aos respetivos autores

© Aos respetivos autores

© Aos respetivos autores


Since most of the pop culture events in Portugal are just way too far for me - most of them in Lisbon and Porto - Coimbra BD is just perfect for me because it's so close. It was my chance, and for many of other geeks, to get so close to what we love.

© Aos respetivos autores




É

It is also an interesting way to meet portuguese authores and artists and talk about their work and, who knows, even contribute a little to it.

It is still a pretty small event - which is understandable, since it was just the second edition and the entrance is free; however, I have hope that it will be able to grow in the next few years, be it in size and in quality.


© Aos respetivos autores

© Aos respetivos autores

© Aos respetivos autores







You May Also Like

0 comentários